Tuesday, July 9, 2013

In My Fathers House

Have you ever woken up with the feeling that there is more to be done? Have you ever wondered if there was more you could be doing? Have you ever been reminded of the potential you had and all that you could become if you did not waste your youth? These statements are the messages that are on replay in the mind of most who will walk on this side of heaven. I am no exception in that I spent the better part of my youth in wasted moments of glory that were not to be. I had many encounters with my earthly father where the tone of disappointment abounded and the demeanor was one of tolerance more than pride. Then life happened and I grew up or he grew old. Either way we seemed to have accepted tolerance as a way to salvage the temporal.




My worldview changed. My theology went from abstracts to absolutes in my own mind. I became different or so I thought. But he is my father and he chose to support my difference. His tolerance was overtaken by love. My insolence replaced with admiration for his love and the opportunity to have a second chance to make something of myself for the first time again.




Noticing the image that is his screensaver gave me the hope that in my earthly fathers house, I will always be loved. The image that I am loved in my heavenly fathers house is represented by the changed heart He gave me when I realized that I had to go back to the roots of my failures and show a new success. Today when you wonder if you did anything, just look for the images of love, the smiles of reconciliation and the nods of approval and you will realize that tolerance has been replaced by love. Perfect your earthly fathers house and you will have perfection in your heavenly fathers home.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Flower Mound, TX

1 comment:

  1. Your words are filled with an insight and wisdom that all men strive for, but seldom ever find. May our Heavenly Father continue to bless you abundantly as you continue to pour yourself into others.

    ReplyDelete