Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

The day to celebrate father's with lunches, cologne, ties and socks. A society that has limited the role of fathers by changing rules, and redefining order. A scramble to make sure we give him some recognition because we have already advertised the other days and they have sales. We have to acknowledge dad-even if by obligation. I want to acknowledge some fathers because of the deep impact they have had on my life.




My earthly father is a constant student and he attends my events so he can show the others what belief in a son is all about.





My father in law is a giant in the faith and yet he travels to small rural churches as I itinerate in the land of my birth. I have said a lot about my spiritual father the late Zig Ziglar who always insisted that I be given the opportunity to succeed and many times at the expense of his own time on a stage.



Today I celebrate Father's Day not out of obligation but out of pride. Not out of ritual but out of respect. My prayer for myself is that I can be a fraction of what these men were to me to the one God chose as my son. I want t be a father like the ones I admire. I want to bless my son like the fathers in my life blessed me. "Happy Fathers Day son. I am a father because you are a gift. I love you dad. I love you son."

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment