Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When The Unexpected Happens

Yesterday I experienced something that I never thought I would experience in my profession. That moment when you have to realize that everyone is subject to scrutiny and that everyone who does the scrutiny has different standards. The one size fits all (world) is changing and the adage that perception is fact and fact is never fact does become true. When you are confronted with this reality you have a variety of thoughts that make you second guess everything.

My bride called me and reassured me she still loved me and a colleague called me and affirmed that the sun would still rise tomorrow. Doubt and uncertainty are the first things that crop up when the unexpected happens. I had to pause and actually accept the advice that has been easy to give when others were rejected. Now the shoe is on the other foot and I have to accept my own advice. This experience does strengthen my resolve to realize that mistakes will be made by the best of us and judgement is ongoing. I have to believe that patience produces perseverance and prayer for that patience produces peace that surpasses all understanding.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Newark

No comments:

Post a Comment