Monday, May 13, 2013

What's in a Name

Shakespeare said that a rose by any other name is still a rose. The Good Book says that many are called but few are chosen. The world we live in creates titles based on profession, genealogy and affiliation. But we know that a good name is worth more than silver and gold. Meet..Luke. A gentle spirit who has assisted us in different ways since our arrival here. Not verbose. Not flamboyant. Familiar but not friendly. I commended him on his behavior and he said I have a good Biblical name and must live up to it.

On a personal note my father gave me a good name and I have worked hard to leave my son a good name. Have you ever gotten motivated by your name? When was the last time you stopped to think of the blessings you got in your name. Thank you Luke for the reminder.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment