Friday, February 4, 2011

FAIRNESS

Everywhere we go in this world the rally cry is for equality. In created order the God of the universe chose people to be different and whether you subscribe to a worldview of random chance and mutation or one that involves creation the obvious question is still the same. Were we designed to favor equality or fairness? In all of the arenas of public discourse where I have posed this question the overwhelming response has been for fairness. Yet every law and social movement is predicated on the desire to level the playing field and promote equality.

In my own pursuits I think it was only fair that I got a chance to be a telemarketer with the famed Zig Ziglar. Fairness seemed to create an opportunity for me to compete for the position that included traveling with him as an assistant. I could never be equal to anyone else in his inner circle but could hope that he was fair in all the chances he gave me. I think it was fairness that allowed me a chance to speak on the national stage almost nine years ago. Today I am not considered an equal to the other giants in the communication realm but am glad that the audiences give me a fair hearing.

I would love to go back to my roots and provide equality to a billion of the souls who inhabit my motherland but let's be fair that is an impossibility. The best thing for me to do would be to create an opportunity where two people with equal access get the same information. In all fairness this is just my opinion and letting me have an opinion is equality at it's best.







Location:Flower Mound, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment